One easy recipe for curry chicken is chicken curry with vegetables, which uses ingredients such as red Thai curry paste, coconut milk, chicken, onions and carrots, which are heated on a stove. This recipe was featured on the "Accessible Yet Exotic" episode of "Ten Dollar Dinners," as seen on the Food Network.
Easy Chicken Curry with Vegetables
This recipe was authored by Melissa d'Arabian. It prepares enough food for four servings, and it is suitable for beginner cooks.
Prep time: 10 min.
Cook time: 35 min.
Total time: 45 min.
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 3 tbsp. red Thai curry paste
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 1/2 cups chopped carrots
- salt and pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 1/4 cup coconut milk
- zest of 1/2 lime
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 14 oz. can diced tomatoes
- lemon wedges
- Cook curry paste, onion and 1 tbsp. vegetable oil in a saute pan over medium heat for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Pat chicken dry, sprinkle with salt and add to the pan with remaining vegetable oil. Cook until golden on both sides.
- Add carrots, garlic, broccoli, basil and lime zest and cook for about 2 minutes, stirring to cover the vegetables.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except lime wedges and bring to a simmer. Cook for about 20 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce thickens. Squeeze lime juice over the curry before serving.