An easy recipe for Chicken Florentine is Paula Deen's at Food Network. This recipe combines thawed frozen spinach and shredded chicken with a sauce made from mushroom soup, mayonnaise, sour cream, Cheddar cheese and seasonings to bake.
This easy recipe yields between six and eight servings.
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cook Time: 30 min.
Ready In: 40 min.
- 2 10 oz. packages frozen chopped spinach
- 6 chicken breast halves, cooked, boned and shredded
- 2 10 3/4 oz. cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups grated sharp Cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp., fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp., curry powder
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1/2 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp., butter
- Prepare the chicken and spinach
- Make the sauce
Unwrap the spinach packages and open one end of each. Microwave on high for 2 minutes, or until thawed. Place into a bowl and add the chicken.
Whisk together the mushroom soup, sour cream, Cheddar cheese, lemon juice, curry powder, salt, black pepper and wine. Pour onto the spinach and chicken and mix thoroughly.
Set the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Place the mixture in a casserole dish and sprinkle a mixture of the breadcrumbs and Parmesan on top. Dot with butter and bake in the oven for 30 minutes, or until bubbling.