To make easy ginger snaps, mix flour, baking soda, brown sugar, molasses, egg, butter and spices to make a firm dough. Roll the dough into balls and dip into sugar before baking.
Easy Ginger Snaps
This recipe was originally published on the Food Network website. Food Network and reviewers alike rate it as easy.
Prep time: 25 min.
Cook time: 12 min.
Ready in: 37 min.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 stick butter
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp ginger
- 1 pinch cloves
- Grease one or more cookie sheets and turn on the oven to 250 F.
- Cream the sugar and butter together in a large bowl with an electric mixer. Mix in the molasses and egg.
- Use a sifter to mix the flour with the baking soda and spices into a separate bowl.
- Beat the dry ingredients into the butter and sugar mixture. Mix until a dough forms.
- Roll the dough into small 1-inch balls. Fill a small bowl with sugar and dip each ball into the sugar. Arrange the balls on the greased baking sheet.
- Bake the cookies for 10 to 12 minutes until they crack on top.