One easy slow cooker chili recipe is from McCormick and takes just 10 minutes of preparation time. The recipe include ingredients such as beef, kidney beans and tomatoes, which are added to the slow cooker and heated until cooked through.
Slow Cooker Chili
It only takes five ingredients and a minimal amount of effort to make this chili.
Prep time: 10 min.
Cook time: 4 hrs.
Ready in: 4 hrs. 10 min.
- 2 lbs. lean ground beef or turkey
- 2 16-oz. cans kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 14 1/2-oz. cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 15 1/2-oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 package McCormick's slow cooker chili seasoning
- Brown beef or turkey on medium-high heat in a large skillet and drain the fat.
- Place all ingredients in the slow cooker and stir well to mix. Cover slow cooker.
- Cook on low for about 8 hours or on high for about 4 hours on low. Stir chili before serving.
Another chili recipe for slow cookers is provided by Betty Crocker. This recipe uses beef, garlic, onions, chili beans, chili powder, cumin, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, salt and pepper. The beef is browned and the ingredients are added to the slow cooker. Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours. Half of the ground beef can be substituted with ground pork to give a richer flavor to the chili.