The Big Daddy's Apple Cobbler is one of the easier apple cobbler recipes to make; its steps are simple and it requires only a little over an hour to complete. This recipe was created by celebrity chef Aaron McCargo, which was featured in his Food Network television show.
Big Daddy's Apple Cobbler
Chef Aaron McCargo is the host of the Food Network show Big Daddy's House.
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cook Time: 1 hour
Ready In: 1 hour 15 min.
- 6 cups Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- Pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whipping cream, chilled
- 1/2 cup self-rising flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Pinch salt
- Pinch ground ginger
- 1/4 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1/4 cup candy ginger, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 egg beaten
- Prepare the oven
- Mix the apples and ingredients
- Mix the topping
- Make the whipped cream
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and butter a 9-inch x 9-inch baking dish.
Combine the apples, sugars, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla, lemon and salt in a bowl and mix. Pour into the prepared baking dish.
Mix the topping ingredients (except the cream, sugar and ginger) to form a batter then dollop the top apple mixture with it. Bake for 30 minutes and serve with the ginger whipped cream.
With an electric mixer, mix the sugar and whipped cream until fluffy and fold in the ginger. Serve on top of the apple cobbler.