Bobby Flay's dry rib rub recipe includes ingredients such as brown sugar, granulated garlic, onion powder and cumin. The rub is thoroughly combined and placed in an airtight container where it will last for several months.
Bobby Flay's Rib Rub
This recipe takes only minutes to make and includes many ingredients most people have in their kitchen. It yields four servings or 9 tablespoons.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 0 minutes
Ready in: 10 minutes
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 1 tablespoon granulated onion
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- In a small bowl, thoroughly combine all the ingredients.
- Store in an airtight container until ready to use.
To use this or any other dry rub on ribs, thoroughly coat the meat in the rub mixture and pat it down. Cover the ribs with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours; overnight is best. Cook the ribs over medium heat on an indoor or outdoor grill. Properly cooked, the meat will be tender and juicy and the outside will be brown and crispy.