Milky Way Pound Cake
This cake is a little more difficult to prepare than many other cake types but comes out tasting like a bakery cake.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
Ready In: 1 hour 50 minutes
Yield: 16 servings
- 8 Milky Way bars
- 1 cup butter softened and divided
- 2 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped nuts, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Melt the candy bars and 1/2 cup butter in a saucepan over low heat.
- Cream the sugar together with the remaining butter.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, to the butter and sugar mixture. Beat well after each egg.
- Stir together the flour and baking soda and add slowly to the wet mixture. Beat until smooth.
- Add the melted candy bar mixture. Mix well.
- Add the vanilla and nuts and stir well to combine.
- Once thoroughly combined, add the batter to a greased and floured tube or Bundt pan. Bake at 350 F for 75 to 80 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the oven and cool completely before frosting.
Frost with desired frosting and decorate using bite-sized Milky Way bars.
Learn more about Desserts