Websites like Food Network, Better Homes and Gardens and Martha Stewart all offer easy pancake recipes. The websites provide more than just ordinary breakfast pancakes; recipes using fresh fruit, ricotta cheese and even potato pancake recipes are available.
Simple Pancake Recipe
The Martha Stewart website provides an easy basic pancake recipe, along with many other pancake recipes found on the site. The basic recipe is below.
Prep Time: 5 min.
Cook Time: 15 min.
Ready In: 20 min.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Preheat oven: Preheat the oven to 200 degree Fahrenheit with a baking sheet inside to transfer pancakes to in order to keep them warm while cooking.
- Combine dry ingredients: Whisk together sugar, salt, baking powder and flour in a small bowl and set aside.
- Mix pancake batter: Combine milk, egg and butter in medium bowl. Whisk in dry ingredients just until moistened, leaving small lumps in the batter.
- Prepare skillet and pancake batter: Rub oil onto a skillet or electric griddle and heat to a medium setting. Spoon 2-3 tablespoons of the pancake batter on the hot surface to create each pancake. At least three pancakes should fit at one time if using an electric griddle or skillet.
- Cook pancakes: Cook the pancakes for about 1 to 2 minutes. They are ready to flip when small bubbles appear along the edges. Once flipped, cook an additional 1 to 2 minutes. Place the cooked pancakes on the baking sheet and transfer to the warm oven and continue cooking remaining pancakes until batter is gone, about 12 to 15 pancakes later.