Q:

Can you eat AGELESS oxygen absorber?

A:

Quick Answer

While AGELESS brand oxygen absorbers are made from nontoxic materials, Mitsubishi Gas Chemical America advises that they should not be eaten. The company states that the product is safe in the case of accidental ingestion by humans or pets and that it contains only ingredients that comply with FDA regulations.

Continue Reading

Full Answer

Many companies use oxygen absorbers in order to increase the shelf life of food and pharmaceuticals. Some makers use agricultural lime in the oxygen absorbers. Others use metal fillings instead of iron carbonate. None of these is wise to ingest. Oxygen absorbers, no matter the brand, are a chemical compound used to keep food fresher and are not meant to be eaten.

Learn more about Food Storage

Related Questions

Explore