This baked eggplant recipe is made with eggplant, extra-virgin olive oil, garlic, salt and ground black pepper, and Italian parsley. It's simple and has few steps from start to finish.
This recipe from Mario Batali on Food Network is very popular and quick to make. The parsley is optional and used as a topping at the end of the dish.
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cook Time: 25 min.
Ready In: 35 min.
- 3 medium eggplants (approximately 3 lbs.), cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley
- While the oven is preheating to 500 degrees Fahrenheit, lay the sliced eggplant in a single layer on lightly oiled baking sheet. Brush each slice with the olive oil.
- Press garlic slices into the eggplant and season with the salt and black pepper. Make sure that there is as much garlic as possible in each slice to ensure the flavor soaks into the slices. Bake the eggplant for 20 to 25 minutes. They should be golden brown. Remove them from the oven and let them cool. Once they are cool, sprinkle with the parsley, if desired, and serve.