Who Publishes a Free Parental Consent Form?


Quick Answer

Law Depot is a free online source of parental consent forms for both travel and medical care. Because of the strict laws surrounding travel and the provision of medical care for minors, it is important to make sure that the supervising adult has the appropriate forms.

Continue Reading

Full Answer

Minors (children under the age of 18) are not legally allowed to consent to their own medical care. An adult, usually a parent, must do this for them. A medical consent form allows an adult who is not the parent to seek and consent to necessary medical care in the event of an emergency. Likewise, when traveling with a minor it is best to have a consent form signed by the custodial parent, indicating that they are aware of and have given permission for their child to travel with an approved adult. In either case, the form must be signed by the custodial parent or legal guardian.

Learn more about Parenting

Related Questions