What Is a Two-Year College Degree Called?


Quick Answer

A two-year college degree is most commonly referred to as an associate degree. This type of degree is often found in junior colleges and community colleges. It encompasses basic college education courses, including math and English.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

When a student has not decided on a major or course of study, he may decide to obtain an associate degree to get the basics out of the way. After this, he can transfer his course credits to a full university or college to obtain a further degree, such as a bachelor's degree. After the associate degree, the coursework generally becomes more specialized, depending on the student's major.

Learn more about Colleges & Universities

Related Questions