What Schools Offer Childcare Education Courses?


Quick Answer

The Texas A&M University System, Northwest Technical College and Penn Foster Career School all offer childcare education courses. While the courses from Texas A&M and Penn Foster are provided online, the courses from Northwest Technical College are provided on campus in Minnesota.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

The online courses available from the Texas A&M University System are a collaboration with the Child Care Licensing Division of the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services. The school offers programs for childcare providers, parents and families, and childcare licensing workers. While the courses for childcare providers include a range of childcare topics, the courses for parents, families and childcare workers cover infant- and toddler-related topics. All of the courses are free after individuals create free accounts.

Licensed in Arizona, Penn Foster Career School offers a Child Day Care Program that teaches students the skills that they need to obtain daycare jobs, such as communication, compassion, cooperation, creativity and sociability. Completing the six-month program makes them eligible to continue their education in early childhood with the Early Childhood Education Associate Degree or the Undergraduate Certificate in CDA Credential Preparation.

The on-campus Child Care and Education program offered at Northwest Technical College is provided under the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities system. The program involves classroom lectures and hands-on training that cover topics such as children's literature and literacy, parent and professional relations, school-age development and special needs in early childhood. It meets the requirements that the Minnesota Department of Human Services sets for teachers and teacher assistants.

Learn more about Colleges & Universities

Related Questions