How Do You Register for the Child Life Specialist Graduate Program?


Quick Answer

Students interested in applying or registering for a child life specialist graduate program should contact the graduate office of a college or university or log on to the higher education institution's website to complete an online application. The application process commonly includes supplying proof of an undergraduate degree in a related field, submitting scores from the graduate records examinations and writing an essay that explains why the career field is important to the applicant.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

Some colleges and universities require that students submit letters of applications from former instructors, supervisors or professionals in a related field for entrance into the program. Online applications for graduate programs require applicants to provide personal information such as address and contact information to determine residency as well as information about schools attended and degrees obtained. The application process may include an interview with professors within the department or the submission of a professional portfolio that displays undergraduate work within the field.

Many child life specialist graduate programs require experience or a practicum in a hospital setting before entrance as well as coursework in child and adolescent development and research methods. Students who have not taken courses in research methods or child development may be admitted with provisions and required to take these courses while completing graduate work.

Learn more about Colleges & Universities

Related Questions