Hennepin Technical College offers associate degree programs in Landscaping and Groundskeeping, Accounting, Audiovisual Communications Technologies/Technicians and General Computer Programming/Programmer. Some 1 to 2-year certificate programs include Child Care Provider/Assistant and Medical Office Assistant/Specialist, and certificate programs of less than 1 year's duration include Food Preparation/Professional Cooing/Kitchen Assistant, Crisis/Emergency/Disaster Management and Nursing Assistant/Aide and Patient Care Assistant/Aide.
Hennepin Technical College has 10 broad areas of study. These are:
- Business & Information Technology: accounting, business, individualized studies and information technology
- Construction: architectural technology, carpentry, heating, ventilation and air conditioning, plumbing technology and woodworking technology
- Emergency & Public Service: emergency medical services, environmental health and safety, fire protection, law enforcement and public works
- General Education & Individualized Studies: general education departments and individualized studies
- Green & Growing: floral design and landscape and horticulture
- Health: paramedic, dental assistant, pharmacy technology and practical nursing programs
- Manufacturing & Engineering Technology: electronics technology, automation robotics engineering technology, welding and metal fabrication
- Media Communications: audio production, graphic design and interactive design video production
- Service & Education: child development and culinary arts
- Transportation: auto body collision technology, automotive technology, and medium or heavy truck technology
Many of Hennepin's programs can be taken as a certificate or associate degree. Hennepin Technical College also offers English as a Second Language.