What Are Some Government-Funded Courses in the U.S.?


Quick Answer

The Department of Labor’s Employment and Training Administration is responsible for funding training programs through state agencies, including apprenticeships, adult basic education, internships and short-term training courses. Seminars include technology, general education and business classes, among others.

Continue Reading
What Are Some Government-Funded Courses in the U.S.?
Credit: Hill Street Studios Blend Images Getty Images

Full Answer

Online resources for finding specific training courses include SkilledUp for skill-related courses, America’s Literacy Directory for adult basic education and English as a second language courses, the Department of Labor’s website for apprenticeships, and USAJobs for internships.

SkilledUp’s database of subjects includes writing, Web and mobile design, information security and software design, business law and general education courses.

America's Literacy Directory provides details about courses taught in community centers for families and individuals, and it covers health, civics and citizenship, literacy, computer skills and learning disability programs.

Organized by state, the Department of Labor’s apprenticeship section lets users navigate a city map to see local opportunities and narrow down options. Internship listings on USAJobs display detailed information about federal and state programs that provide experience in the biological science, medical and health, engineering and technical fields, among others. The list is searchable by location and open and closing dates, and it provides salaries and detailed application instructions, which include any required qualifications and documents.

Learn more about Colleges & Universities
Related Videos

Related Questions