What are some good boarding schools in California?


Quick Answer

Four top California boarding schools are The Thacher School, Cate School, The Webb Schools and Stevenson School – Pebble Beach Campus, according to Business Insider. Rating criteria include school acceptance rate, SAT scores and endowments. All four are college prep schools with a variety of courses and other activities.

Continue Reading

Full Answer

The Thacher School in Ojai, California, is for academically talented students. Built on a former ranch, the school incorporates the mountains and horses into its academic experience.

Cate School, in the rural small town of Carpinteria, is only two miles from the ocean. Each student meets with an advisor from the faculty on a daily basis. Freshmen, sophomores and juniors participate in a program of campus maintenance chores.

The Webb Schools are separate schools for boys and girls in 9th and 10th grades. Junior and senior years are co-educational. The schools share a campus in the town of Claremont and have the only secondary-school paleontology museum in the country.

At the Stevenson School in Pebble Beach, 60 percent of the students are boarders; the other 40 percent are day students. The school is located on the Monterey coastline.

Learn more about K-12

Related Questions