Some funny or witty inspirational sayings include "Each time you open a book and read it, a tree smiles knowing there's life after death," and "Hey you're not happy, but at least you're smart," as listed by The Huffington Post. Some other humorous quotes from Forbes, aimed at inspiring people in leadership roles, include "Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results," credited to George S. Patton, and "You do not lead by hitting people over the head — that's assault, not leadership," credited to Dwight Eisenhower.
Another, more blunt, saying for inspiring leaders is "First rule of leadership: everything is your fault," which comes from "A Bug's Life," as listed by Forbes.
Some other witty sayings for inspiring people include:
- "You deserve someone who would jump fences to be with you, not someone who is on the fence about being with you."
- "Hard work beats talent; you're going to be tired more often than your talented friends."
- "Life is like a dogsled team. If you ain't the lead dog, the scenery never changes."
- "Always drink upstream from the herd."
- "Success in almost any field depends more on energy and drive than it does on intelligence. This explains why we have so many stupid leaders."
- "A leader must have the courage to act against an expert's advice."