How Do You Enroll a Child in the Council Rock School District?

How Do You Enroll a Child in the Council Rock School District?

An appointment is required to enroll second through twelfth grade students in the Council Rock School District in Pennsylvania. Prior to scheduling a registration appointment, individuals must complete and drop off certain documents to the Council Rock School District's central registration office.

Required documents include the parent or guardian's photo identification, proof of the child's date of birth and four proofs of residency. Residency proof options include a notarized lease, driver's license copy, voter's registration card, vehicle registration card and utility statement. A property deed, Internal Revenue statement, welfare card, employer letter on letterhead or bank statement may also qualify as proof of residency.

Additional required documents, including a health information packet, student registration packet and other situation-specific documents, are available for download online at Click the Central Registration link under the Administration heading to access the forms. Alternatively, click the Online Student Registration link at the bottom of the Central Registration Office Web page to begin the enrollment process online.

After processing the documents, the central registration office mails a registration approval letter to the family, and then a registration appointment is made with the child's attending school. Parents of Kindergarten students and new first grade students should click the Click Here link in the 2015-2016 Registration Information box on the Central Registration Office page for eligibility, deadline and registration information.

The central registration office is located at 30 North Chancellor St., Newtown, PA 18940. As of 2015, call 215-944-1091 or email for assistance.