What Diploma Courses Are Available for People Traveling Abroad to USA?

Many colleges offer courses leading to a degree or certificate to international students; examples include Business Administration, Human Resources Development, Music Business, Project Management, Information Systems and Languages at the University of California at Los Angeles Extension School. Students who wish to travel abroad to the United States to study should contact individual schools directly to conform program availability.

As of 2015, UCLA's Extension school offers certificate programs that accept international students who have F-1 visas. These programs typically last from two to 12 quarters and allow students to begin in any quarter. Examples of two-quarter programs include project management and public policy sustainability. One example of a longer program is the landscape architecture program, which requires 12 quarters to complete.

Several departments at UCLA Extension offer several different certificate programs to international students. For example, the Entertainment & Music Industry department has 11 programs, including acting, cinematography, directing, development, entertainment studies, film scoring and producing. Students in the Engineering & Technology program have a choice of three certificates: construction management, project management and systems analysis.

Example of other schools offering courses leading to a degree or certificate to international students are Atlanta Technical College, which allows international students to register in any of its associate degree programs, and North Lake College.