What Colleges Offer Speech Therapy Programs?


Quick Answer

Some colleges that offer speech therapy programs are Vanderbilt University, Northwestern University, University of Iowa, University of Wisconsin in Madison and University of Washington. Other schools with such programs that are located elsewhere in the United States are University of Arizona, University of Pittsburgh and University of Florida.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

Vanderbilt, located in Nashville, Tennessee, offers a Master of Science degree program in Speech-Language Pathology. It is administered through Vanderbilt University School of Medicine. It incorporates academic and clinical work. Study in this program leads to the Certificate of Clinical Competence in speech-language pathology from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association. It is a two-year program of full-time study. The program culminates in a 10-week research externship at a site chosen by the student. Speciality training is available for students interested in working with specialized populations, such as children with hearing loss, autism spectrum disorders, feeding and swallowing disorders, and school-aged language-literacy disorders.

Northwestern University, located in Evanston, Illinois, has a master's program in Speech, Language and Learning. It focuses on the relationship between the fields of speech-language pathology and learning disabilities. Students in this program gain a broad background that spans both fields. The program emphasizes the links between theory, research and practice throughout the entire program of study.

Learn more about Colleges & Universities

Related Questions