What Colleges Offer Park Ranger Training?


Quick Answer

Colleges that offer park ranger training include Colorado Northwestern Community College and Northern Arizona University. Park rangers are seasonal law enforcement officials employed by state and national parks. Those interested in working for The National Park Service must complete at least 400 hours of core coursework as required by the Seasonal Law Enforcement Training Program.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

Colorado Northwestern Community College is approved by the National Park Service and Federal Law Enforcement Training Center to offer park ranger academy training. The program requires 24 credits, which covers 450 hours of coursework. The academy is 12 weeks long and takes place in the fall and spring semesters. Students are typically in training all day during weekdays, with some weekend and night classes possible. Colorado Northwestern Community College also offers an associate in applied science degree in park ranger services.

Another school approved as a park ranger training academy is Northern Arizona University. this school offers a program that results in certification by the National Park Ranger Service. There are two options: noncredit, for those who have a bachelor's degree, and credit, which allows 12 credits to be used towards obtaining an undergraduate degree. The training is offered in fall and spring semesters.

Additional schools that offer park ranger training include Skagit Valley College, Southwestern Community College, Vermilion Community College and Temple University.

Learn more about Colleges & Universities

Related Questions