What Colleges Offer a Degree in Photography?


Quick Answer

Many universities and art institutes offer college degrees in photography. Students can pursue a Bachelor's of Arts in photography, an Associate's or Bachelor's of Science in photography or a Bachelor's of Fine Arts in commercial photography or a photography concentration.

Continue Reading
What Colleges Offer a Degree in Photography?
Credit: Peter Zelei Images Moment Getty Images

Full Answer

Top ranking schools with photography degrees include Providence College in Rhode Island and John Brown University in Arkansas. Students at Providence College can earn a BA with a concentration in photography in the studio arts program. John Brown University offers a BS in Photography with a curriculum that includes such subjects as commercial photography and social documentary.

Grand Valley State University in Michigan offers a both a BA and a BS in Photography within the School of Communications. Students in the photography program occasionally have the opportunity to travel to the American southwest for special workshops photographing the desert.

Western Washing University's Department of Art offers a BFA with a concentration in photography. The university's courses are primarily taught by faculty members as opposed to graduate assistants.

The Art Institute of Pittsburgh offers BA and AS Degrees of Science in Digital Photography. Rocky Mountain College of Art and Design offers a BFA in Commercial Photography. The University of Central Florida also offers a BS in Photography within the School of Visual Art and Design.

Learn more about Colleges & Universities
Related Videos

Related Questions