Do Colleges Offer Courses on Sign Language for Beginners?


Quick Answer

The College of Social Sciences and Humanities at Northeastern University located in Boston, Massachusetts, and Berkeley City College in California are just two of many colleges that offer American sign language courses. Courses start at the introductory level and range up to advanced and specialized instruction.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

Northeastern University provides students with the option to earn an bachelors degree in American sign language/English interpretation, choose a double major with American sign language, or select it as a minor area of study. The double major options include ASL studies and psychology, ASL and theater, and ASL studies and human services.

Berkeley City College offers a two-year associate degree program in American sign language. Berkeley's program simulates real-world situations to promote rapid communication skills development.

Learn more about Colleges & Universities

Related Questions