What Colleges Offer American Sign Language Programs?


Quick Answer

Some colleges that offer American Sign Language programs are Augustana College, Bakersfield College, California State University, Goshen College and Idaho State University. Colleges with these programs offer bachelor's and associate degrees, and certificate options.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

American Sign Language programs teach sign language as a visual medium of communication for the deaf and hard of hearing, while providing a linguistic study of the language and analysis of the culture of the deaf. Coursework generally includes lectures, labs and internships that teach and develop American Sign Language morphology, syntax, signing technique, translation and transcription. Opportunities for graduates include jobs as sign language interpreter, speech-language assistant, sign language teacher and social service provider.

Learn more about Colleges & Universities

Related Questions