Are There College Courses for Inmates?


Quick Answer

Adams State University in Alamosa, Colorado, and Rio Salado College in Tempe, Arizona, offer distance learning college courses for inmates. Incarcerated students must pay tuition to take the courses.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

Incarcerated students can take undergraduate courses or earn a master's in business administration through correspondence courses offered by Adams State University. In 2015, Colorado resident and non-resident students pay the same tuition.

Rio Salado College offers print-based and mixed media correspondence courses to incarcerated students. Students who are incarcerated with the Arizona Department of Corrections must pay their tuition with a check from their inmate accounts. Students are also responsible for purchasing books and paying the college's registration fee.

Learn more about Colleges & Universities

Related Questions