Harper College offers a number of individual online classes in a variety of fields including finance, computer programming, health care, customer service and marketing. Classes include Accounting and Finance for Non-Financial Managers, Advanced Data Analysis, Dementia for Family Caregivers, Improving Email Promotions, LinkedIn for Business, Management Boot Camp and Online Advertising. Many of these online classes are taken in pursuit of a particular certificate.
Online certificates from Harper College can be pursued in the following areas.
- Blended Instruction (with classes including Developing Hybrid Courses and The Flipped Classroom)
- Customer Service (including Extraordinary Customer Service and Keys to Customer Service)
- Data Analysis (including Advanced Data Analysis and Intermediate Data Analysis)
- eMarketing Essentials (including Boosting Your Website Traffic and Improving Email Promotions)
- Management (including New Strategies for Productivity and Time Management and Managing Generations in the Workplace)
- Managing Social Media Platforms (including Facebook for Business and Twitter)
- Mobile Marketing (including Creating Cell Phone Apps for Your Business and Advanced Mobile Marketing)
- Online Teaching
- Social Media for Business (including Marketing Using Social Media)
- Supervision and Leadership
- Teaching Adults
Generally, online classes have a duration ranging between a few weeks and several months. Instructor-led and self-study options are available with self-study classes emphasizing participation in online discussions with other students.