How Can a Student Study Abroad in Canada?


Quick Answer

Students can study abroad in Canada through programs offered at the University of Guelph and McGill University. Private educational organizations such as Languages Abroad and Trillium Student Exchange also offer programs for learning French and English.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

The Open Education and Learning Support program at the University of Guelph offers three English language study programs for international students: the English Language Certificate Program, the Graduate Preparation Program and the Business English Program. The English Language Certificate Program provides students with the further opportunity of guaranteed admission to pursue a Bachelor's of Arts or a Bachelor's of Commerce at the University of Guelph. For accommodation, visiting students can stay in a campus residence or homestay.

McGill University offers an international summer program for business-oriented undergraduate students in the Desautels faculty of management. Students take two courses: Management in Global Context and Topics in Marketing. Upon completion, students earn six credits with the European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System subject to approval by the student's home university.

Languages Abroad offers French language study programs in Montreal and Quebec City. Program offerings range from part time study to super intensive. Additionally, students in Quebec city can opt for a unique program where students live and study with a private tutor. Trillium Student Exchange offers English as a Second Language courses with programs from two weeks to one year in duration.

Learn more about Colleges & Universities

Related Questions