Where Can I Take the NIMS ICS Test?


Quick Answer

Students take the National Incident Management System's Incident Command System test on Training.FEMA.gov via the Independent Study program. Independent Study exams require registering on CDP.DHS.gov for a Federal Emergency Management Agency student identification number. Students who pass the exam receive their certificates by email.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

FEMA offers a test for ICS-100: Introduction to the Incident Command System and for ICS-200: ICS for Single Resources and Initial Action Incidents. ICS-100 describes the Incident Command System and explains its relationship with the National Incident Management System. ICS-200 covers efficient operations during an incident or event.

These courses are free to anyone who has emergency management responsibilities and to qualified individuals from the general public.

Learn more about Standardized Tests

Related Questions