Can You Major in Hip-Hop Dance at a College or University?

As of 2015, it is not possible to major specifically in the field of hip-hop dance at a college or university, though it is possible to do so at a specialized school. Hip-hop courses are instead offered as part of a larger dance major as a studio class.

Certain educational institutions, such as Chapman University and Collin College, also offer multiple levels of hip-hop classes that cover various topics, such as hip-hop dance vocabulary. In certain schools, such as USF, hip-hop dance classes are also open to students who are not majoring in the dance major. Certain specialist schools, such as the Hip Hop School of Arts, provide a more in-depth education on the topic of hip-hop.