Where Can You Take CEU or Continuing Education Credits?


Quick Answer

Continuing education credits can be taken at accredited colleges and universities or with online organizations. Professionals taking workshops, seminars and classes to continue education may opt to take courses for credit or no credit. However, many employers provide stipulations as to which continuing education courses are allowed.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

Organizations like the College Board feature continuing education courses that help employees and educators obtain job skills necessary for existing job duties or promotion. For example, courses in math, science, fine arts, world languages and history are available for educators needing additional certifications.

Many colleges and universities also offer continuing education courses that are focused on specific skills, such as classes in computer software, tax preparation, account management and communication skills. Continuing education courses are also available for individuals seeking personal enrichment. Individuals can take courses in arts and crafts, career planning, animal care, dance, gardening and horticulture, or fashion and color analysis.

Professionals in the midst of a career change may choose to take continuing education courses at local colleges and universities to obtain new skills in small business, construction topics, food preparation, photography, writing or investment and financial planning. Medical training continuing education courses are also available on topics including nursing and allied health, fitness and wellness, and CPR.

Learn more about Colleges & Universities

Related Questions