How Do You Apply for a ACS Education Student Loan?


Quick Answer

To apply for a loan program offered by ACS, you first need to fill out a FAFSA form. If you receive an award letter after this, indicate the types of aid you are interested in, and return it.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

Students must complete a FAFSA form because ACS offers federal loans, such as the Stafford, the Perkins and the Direct PLUS loan for parents. After submitting the FAFSA form, you receive a federal student aid report, which shows the grants and loans you qualify for. All the learning institutions that you have applied to in the FAFSA questionnaire also receive copies of this information. Next, visit the ACS website, and register to be guided through the application process.

The type of loan you apply for largely determines whether you qualify for an ACS loan. For example, to get a federal loan, you have to meet the standards set by the government. The school you have applied to also determines whether you qualify for the loan, as schools have their own specific requirements.

If you are a graduate student, you can apply for the Direct PLUS loans for graduates. This loan allows professional and graduate students to receive loans without the consent of a parent or guardian.

Learn more about Colleges & Universities

Related Questions