The Toro Company, headquartered in Bloomington, Minnesota, purchased the Wheel Horse tractor company, originally located in South Bend, Indiana, in 1986. In 2007, Toro stopped selling tractors under the Wheel Horse name.
Cecil Pond created the first Wheel Horse tractors in his home garage in Indiana. In the following decades, other companies, including American Motors Corporation and Munn Investment Group, bought and resold Wheel Horse, until Toro retired the name.
As of October 2015, Toro's address is 8111 Lyndale Avenue, Bloomington, Minnesota 55420. Executives of The Bull Tractor Company founded Toro in St. Paul, Minnesota, in 1914. In 1952, it opened a research facility in Bloomington and moved its headquarters there in 1962.