What Types of Payments Are Typically Made by the Farm Service Agency?


Quick Answer

The types of payments the Farm Service Agency makes include payments for its Commodity Programs, Conservations Programs, Disaster Assistance Programs and Price Support Programs. Recipients have to meet the Agency’s payment eligibility criteria to receive payments. The eligibility criteria include active engagement in farming and conservation compliance.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

Within the Commodity Programs, the Farm Service Agency makes payments for the Price Loss Coverage and Agricultural Risk Coverage programs. Eligible persons and legal entities also receive payments through the Loan Deficiency Program and Marketing Loan Gain program.

As of 2015, the Farm Service Agency makes a maximum payment of $125,000 through the Commodity, Disaster Assistance and Price Support Programs. The maximum payment in the Conservation Program is $450,000.

Learn more about Agriculture

Related Questions