What Types of Forms Are Provided to AOA Members?


Quick Answer

Types of forms provided to AOA members include documents to be given to tenants when they rent or apply to rent an owned property. Several forms, such as the HUD Lead Poisoning Prevention Pamphlet and rental applications, both comprehensive and short form for commercial and residential properties, are available for free. Other forms, including Past Due Rent, Notice of Termination of Tenancy and the Extension of Lease forms, are available for a small fee for free, basic and value members.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

The AOA, or the American Apartment Owner's Association, strongly suggests that landlords take advantage of their free rental applications in addition to the landlord's preferred lease. Rental applications ask questions about a potential tenant's rental and employment history and could possibly raise red flags that would discourage the landlord from renting to them. AOA rental applications double as a consent to a background check; any potential tenant can be screened through their provided references and, by signing, give the landlord permission to check their credit history.

AOA's free rental application includes a clause that states the applicant must sign to indicate that all information is truthful. While this may encourage many to be as honest as possible, it also provides the landlord grounds for eviction if any of the information turned out to be false. The form also collects information such as a driver's license number and personal contacts that make locating a tenant who abandons a property easier. Additionally, in the event of an emergency, the landlord has the tenant's emergency contact on hand.

Learn more about Careers

Related Questions