What Type of Insurance Is Available for Tractors and Other Farm Equipment?

Tractors and other farm equipment, such as combines or sprayers, can be listed on an insurance policy individually, with a designated value assigned to each piece of equipment, explains Nationwide Insurance. They can also be covered under a blanket policy up to an amount designated for all the equipment.

Farm equipment such as tractors are typically covered for damage from natural causes, including fire, wind and lightning. In addition, coverage typically includes damage due to towing, or contact with the ground or foreign objects. In addition, damage to the glass of a tractor's cab is covered. Rented, leased or borrowed tractors are also covered. In addition, if the tractor's coverage is part of an overall farm insurance policy, any property damage caused by the tractor is covered, as are other liability risks, according to Nationwide Insurance.