How Do You Submit Online Corrections to the FAFSA?


Quick Answer

To submit online corrections to a Free Application for Federal Student Aid, log into your application at FAFSA.ed.gov, and select Make FAFSA Corrections, reports Federal Student Aid. Navigate to the information you need to change, correct it and submit the new information. Processing of information takes three to five days.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

You cannot correct your Social Security number once you enter it in the FAFSA, explains Federal Student Aid. Report any significant changes in financial status directly to schools that you plan to attend. However, update your application if there are changes in your mailing address, email address or dependency status. If a school that you apply to selects your FAFSA for verification, update any changes in the number of household members or their college status. Additionally, delete or add federal school codes if you change your mind about where you want the FAFSA sent.

When you first complete the FAFSA, the U.S. Department of Education sends you a summary called the Student Aid Report, and when you update your FAFSA, you receive a revised Student Aid Report, according to Federal Student Aid. Study the Student Aid Report carefully to be sure the updated information is correct. After processing is complete, listed colleges have access to corrected information within one day.

Learn more about Credit & Lending

Related Questions