How Do You Sign up for Adult-Eligible ROP Classes?


Quick Answer

Signing up for adult-eligible regional occupational program classes usually involves contacting the school or facility offering the courses to get more information and signing up for the desired classes. ROP classes are commonly available at high schools and One Stop centers. Adults typically have to pay a fee, suggests CoastlineROP.net.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

Adults can find contact information by going to the website for the ROP program where they live or by checking local high school websites for information on upcoming classes. They can usually find a phone number or email address for someone in charge of the program to find out what adults need to do, because high school students usually register at their own schools with the help of a school counselor, mentions TriCountyROP.com. In some cases, adults need to go in person to sign up and pay for their ROP classes, and space is often limited because current high school students get priority. Additional requirements for enrollment may include pre-entrance tests, local residency and course material fees.

ROP classes are helpful for adults seeking new careers without the need for college education, and those who complete them may get certificates to show employers. Some examples of course topics include sports medicine, baking, firefighting, dental assisting and medical assisting.

Learn more about Career Aspirations

Related Questions