Should You Staple My Tax Return?

Only staple your W2 Wage Statements (Form 1099) to your tax return, recommends Bankrate. These statements should be stapled to the upper left-hand corner of the tax return.

If you are married and are filing jointly, or if you have multiple W2 forms, you should attach them in the order the wages are listed on your tax return. This helps prevent any errors or delays in the processing of your return. If you owe taxes and are paying with a check, it is recommended that the check not be stapled to your return, as other forms could become detached when it is removed.