What should a person do after losing his or her CNA license?


Quick Answer

If a CNA loses her certified nursing assistant certificate, she should contact her local nurse aide registry. Since license misplacement is a normal occurrence, the agency that issued the license will have a process ready to provide an additional copy. Obtain from that registry a form requesting a copy of your certificate.

Continue Reading

Full Answer

First, obtain contact information for the agency that issued the license. This agency will be specific to the CNA's home state. The certificate copy process begins similarly to moving a license to a different state. According to the National Association of Career Nursing Assistants, that process begins with contacting the local nurse aide registry and requesting the appropriate form.Contact this agency and request a certificate replacement application. Keep in mind that there may be a fee for requesting this copy.

Second, complete the form obtained and submit it by sending it back to the local issuing agency. Sign the form if a signature if requested. If applicable include the necessary payment to receive a copy.

If the CNA is technologically inclined, she may inquire about an electronic version of the copy request form. There may be a website where she can complete the form instantly. An electronic payment option makes the process faster, so she should consider inquiring about that option as well.

Learn more about Careers

Related Questions