Who Should You Contact With Tax Questions?


Quick Answer

Taxpayers with general tax questions should visit the U.S. Internal Revenue Service website at IRS.gov, which features a Frequently Asked Questions and Answers page, as well as a Help with Tax Questions page. Individuals can also call the IRS at 800-829-1040 with questions.

Continue Reading
Who Should You Contact With Tax Questions?
Credit: Tetra Images n/a Getty Images

Full Answer

The IRS has procedures set up to help taxpayers find answers to general tax questions. Representatives from the IRS are available to answer questions over the telephone from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. local time, explains IRS.gov. Also available at the department's website is a tool called the Interactive Tax Assistant. This tax law resource walks taxpayers through a series of questions and provides answers. These resources, however, are available for help with general tax questions only. Highly complex tax questions and information regarding legal rulings, taxability determination and private letter rulings are beyond the scope of this assistance, according to IRS.gov.

Learn more about Taxes
Related Videos

Related Questions