Where Do I Send My P45?


Quick Answer

Give parts 2 and 3 of your P45 directly to your new employer. If you are claiming Jobseeker's Allowance or Employment and Support allowance, give parts 2 and 3 to the Jobcentre. Do not send it in to HMRC, which already has a record of it.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

The P45 comes in four parts: Part 1, Part 1a, Part 2, and Part 3. According to HM Revenue and Customs, your employer is responsible to send information for Part 1 of the form to HRMC and to give Parts 1a, 2 and 3 to you. Part 1a is intended for your own personal reference. The P45 form is a record of your earnings and shows the HMRC and your future employer or Jobcentre how much tax has been deducted by that point in the year.

Learn more about Taxes

Related Questions