How Do You Request 2012 IRS 1040 Forms?


Quick Answer

It is possible to request 2012 IRS forms by visiting the Internal Revenue Service's website, and clicking on the option for Forms and Publications, explains the IRS. From there, select the Prior Years option, then search for the 1040 form for 2012 using the search box.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

The Internal Revenue Service offers the public free tax forms and publications on a wide variety of tax issues, states the IRS. As of 2015, the use of electronic filing has grown, along with an increase in the availability of free options to taxpayers. In order to reduce costs, the IRS discontinued the automatic mailing of paper tax packages in 2011.

Tax filers can also utilize the IRS taxpayer assistance centers across the country to receive advice and pick up forms, notes the IRS. Locations of the taxpayer assistance centers are listed on the IRS website. It is also possible to call the IRS at 800-829-3676, Monday through Friday, from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. local time. Alaska and Hawaii follow Pacific time. Calling the IRS allows you to order prior year's forms and instructions by mail, as well as order current year forms, instructions and publications. The forms usually arrive by mail within 10 days.

Learn more about Taxes

Related Questions