How Do You Get a Replacement for a Lost Medicare Card?


Quick Answer

If a Medicare card has been lost or stolen, it can be replaced by calling the Social Security Administration at 800-772-1213, as of January 2015. An individual can also apply for a new card online through the SSA website or by visiting his local Social Security office.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

If a person receives Medicare benefits from a Medicare Advantage plan, he needs to contact his private insurer for a replacement card. If he retired from a railroad, call the United States Railroad Retirement Board to order a replacement card. An individual needs to provide his full name, Social Security number and date of birth. A replacement card should be received in about 30 days.

Learn more about Health Insurance

Related Questions