How Do You Replace Your OSHA 10-Hour Card?

Students who must replace their Occupational Safety & Health Administration 10-hour cards must communicate with outreach trainers to request replacements, according to the U.S. Department of Labor. Outreach trainers then contact an Authorizing Training Organization for a replacement card. Authorizing Training Organizations often charge administrative fees to replace course completion cards. The organizations can issue one replacement card per student per class, and can only issue replacement cards for training that occurred within the last three years.

As of 2015, OSHA does not require completion of outreach courses, and does not maintain a database containing all of the 10-hour courses conducted and the names of the class attendees, explains the U.S. Department of Labor. The original trainers are the appropriate people for workers to contact to obtain transcripts or other proof of course completions.

The 10-hour outreach courses offer basic training on how to recognize, avoid, prevent and abate dangers in the workplace, notes the U.S. Department of Labor. Employer responsibilities and workers' rights, including how to file a complaint, are among the covered topics. Some state laws, unions, organizations and employers require workers to complete the courses. OSHA offers outreach training programs for construction, disaster site work, maritime and general industry. Construction, disaster site and general industry course completion cards do not expire, but the 10-hour maritime industry cards expire after five years.