How Do You Qualify for Renting HASA Apartments?


Quick Answer

To qualify for HIV/AIDS Services Administration housing and other services, an applicant must have at some time been diagnosed with either HIV or AIDS, according to the website of New York City's Human Resource Administration. The site provides HASA applications in PDF format.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

The website of HRA states that medical and service organizations typically refer applicants to them, but that people may apply directly to ServiceLine, which processes HASA applications.

The site also states that applicants must provide medial documentation to ServiceLine in order to establish eligibility, and that the documentation must conform with either New York State AIDS Institute's definition of clinical symptomatic HIV or with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's definition of AIDS. Valid forms of documentation include one of the following: a Medical Request for Home Care signed by a physician, a HASA/SSA Joint Application, a Request for Program Admission Form 488X, a Comprehensive Medical Summary form received from the Division of Parole, and a hospital letter or a hospital social work referral.

HRA provides the following PDF applications: an adult application, a child application and an addendum for an HASA application. Applicants may have to pay program fees or rental contributions based on their income.

Learn more about Finding a Home

Related Questions