Where Do You Get Free Postal Service Change of Address Forms?


Quick Answer

Free U.S. Postal Service change of address form is available at any post office. This form can also be filled out and submitted at the USPS website with a $1.05 identity-verification fee.

Continue Reading
Where Do  You Get Free Postal Service Change of Address Forms?
Credit: Caiaimage/Paul Bradbury OJO+ Getty Images

Full Answer

To submit the USPS change of address form online, an email address is required. In addition, a valid credit or debit card number must be provided to pay the $1.05 charge. Those who do not wish to provide an email address and credit card number can fill out the form on the website, print a copy, and deliver it by hand or by mail to a post office.

USPS change of address forms can be used to request mail-forwarding services for both permanent and temporary address changes. A temporary change of address must have a duration of at least 15 days. For both permanent and temporary moves, USPS forwards most mail for up to 12 months.

Other than the $1.05 verification fee noted above, USPS does not charge any fees for mail-forwarding services. Some search engine results for the USPS change of address form lead to websites that charge a high fee for this service. Any website that charges a fee of more than $1.05 is not affiliated with the USPS.

Learn more about Postal Services
Related Videos

Related Questions