How Do You View Past Tax Returns?


Quick Answer

Taxpayers can view their past tax returns by completing Form 4506, Request for Copy of Return and mailing the form and applicable fees to the Internal Revenue Service, states the IRS website. Tax payers can also utilize the online Get Transcript service provided on the IRS website.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

To view and obtain a copy of a past tax return:

  1. Complete Form 4506
  2. Print out and complete Form 4506, Request for Copy of Return provided on the IRS website. Supplemental information required to complete the form includes the tax payer's social security number, address from the return and date of birth, states the website.

  3. Mail fees
  4. Mail Form 4506, along with applicable fees, to the IRS. The IRS mailing address varies by state, so mail the completed form to the address provided on Form 4506.

Learn more about Taxes

Related Questions