Dallas Market Center owns the Dallas Trade Mart. It opened in 1959 and expanded in 1976 and 2007. The Grand Pavilion at the center of the building has a large indoor marketplace pond. As of 2015, the Trade Mart has an area of about 1 million square feet.
The Dallas Trade Mart was the location where President John F. Kennedy was scheduled to appear at a luncheon with 2,600 guests in 1963. After President Kennedy was murdered, a British sculptor named Elizabeth Erink created a bronze sculpture called "The Eagle" that sits outside the main entrance of the Trade Mart to honor the President.