What Do OSHA 500/501 Certifications Cover?


Quick Answer

OSHA 500 is listed as a Trainer Course for Construction and OSHA 501 is listed as a Trainer Course for General Industry, says OSHA. Each of these courses is intended for people who are interested in becoming trainers themselves and teaching one of the two respective topics.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

OSHA 500 is intended for people who want to teach either the 10- or 30-hour construction safety and health outreach course, notes OSHA. Students in this class learn teaching techniques and how to effectively get across the message of construction health and safety. They also learn how to recognize infractions of the health and safety regulations and ways in which they can remedy the situation and/or teach others to do the same. At the conclusion of this course, successful students are licensed instructors of both the 10- and 30-hour construction health and safety course.

The OSHA 501 course has many of the same goals and objectives as the 500 course, except that it deals with general industry, states OSHA. This course differs from 500 in that it is a broader and all encompassing set of lessons. However, like the 500 class, it produces certified instructors for the 10- and 30-hour courses in general industry.

Learn more about Managing a Business

Related Questions